Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ode to the Locket











Ever since I was a little blond headed child, running about with wild hair and bare feet, I have had a admiration for interesting jewelry. I can remember sitting on my Granny's floor organizing and polishing all her jewelry she collected from her world travels. I was fascinated as she rehearsed a story or adventure for each piece. When she wasn't there to tell me the true story behind a piece I would dream up my own and long for the day that I would be able to venture the world and plunder my own treasures. Although, I haven't had the chance to explore to the extent she did, yet, I have had my share of adventures and plunderings. Through my travels one piece of jewelry always catches my eye and makes my inner child fill with intrigue. It is the locket I love and can never get sick of. Part of the fun is finding an old locket and seeing what is inside. I love to find photos of babies or of a loved young soldier off to war. I feel perhaps a locket is a heart we can wear on a lovely little chain and show to the world. Every woman should have a lovely little locket to wear around her elegant neck. I give you some I find most endearing.

Stars B117

Ruby Wren29

daliadaliak

out but new



Bellaz Jewlery

wiyomu

Little girl illustration by: Paper Pattern Silk. Lockets found on ETSY.COM click picture or seller's name to be directed to sellers store.

1 comment:

  1. those lockets are beautiful! I, too, am intrigued by my grandma's jewelry. My grandma recently gave me my great grandmas old jewelry box filled with broaches and earrings. I about died. I love them! Everytime I wear them someone asks me if I got them at Forever 21 and I'm proud to tell them they are true vintage.

    ReplyDelete